Wednesday, May 4, 2011

American Vampire



Remember when vampires were scary?  No well.... this is a great graphic novel that portrays vampires as scary again.  I sat here with a dang sore throat tonight reading this book... loving the scary pictures.  Here is the synopsis from goodreads:

This volume follows two stories: one written by Snyder and one written by King. Snyder's story is set in 1920's LA, we follow Pearl, a young woman who is turned into a vampire and sets out on a path of righteous revenge against the European Vampires who tortured and abused her. This story is paired with King's story, a western about Skinner Sweet, the original American Vampire— a stronger, faster creature than any vampire ever seen before with rattlesnake fangs and powered by the sun.


I borrowed this book from the library because I do find that I don't read graphic novels twice.  I also am going to post pics from the internet of the drawings in the novel because I feel you will be able to see the art better then if I tried to take pictures myself.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I've never even given thought to reading a graphic novel. This one seems interesting though. However, I'm not sure I should look at too scare pictures. LOL. It would be fun to take a look though..

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete