Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Go the F^%K to Sleep Review

 
Goodreads descriotion:     
Go the F&^k To Sleep is a bedtime book for parents who live in the real world, where a few snoozing kitties and cutesy rhymes don't always send a toddler sailing off to dreamland. Honest, profane, and affectionate, Adam Mansbach's verses and Ricardo Cortés' illustrations perfectly capture the familiar--and unspoken--tribulations of putting your little angel down for the night, and open up a conversation about parenting in the process. Beautiful, subversive, and pants-wettingly funny, Go the Fuck to Sleep is a perfect gift for parents new, old, or expectant. Here is a sample verse: The cats nestle close to their kittens now.
The lambs have laid down with the sheep.
You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear
Please go the f&^k to sleep.
I am sure most of you have heard of this book by now.  I wanted to read it the moment I heard about it but of course my library didn't have it.  Well... we are all in LUCK!  It is now out in audio format spoken by Samuel Jackson!  And all of you can listen to it too!  YEAH!!!  Enjoy!  I just loved it. WARNING it is full of curse words (as you can probably tell by the title).  Here it is:
(I didn't post the video itself because you have to sign into youtube to watch it and I didn't think everyone would have an account).  Go the F*&K to Sleep audio reading  <------  click on this link!

4 comments:

  1. That was great. I, of course, had to listen to it and share it on FB. I think I laughed the entire time.

    Good reading ~ Escape by Fiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hilarious!!! I too shared it on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just talking about this at work. My boss was saying how funny it was. Now I must share it with the world.

    Thanks for the link!

    ~Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this on facebook!--Ridiculously awesome times infinite!!!!

    ReplyDelete