Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#6)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, where we have the chance to share what upcoming releases we are on the edge of our seats in anticipation for.

Well this past week I just finished reading Matched by Ally Condie so now I am excited for Crossed which is the sequel to Matched.  Here is the description from goodreads for the second book:   
In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.
Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

I love the art work on this book too.  I really think it is a neat idea and it makes me wonder what the third book's cover will look like?  I thought I would put the covers next to each other to compare. What do you think of the art? What is on your waiting for Wednesday?  Leave your link so I can stop by and look!!



20 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Matched! Too long to wait for Crossed, but so excited! Great pick :P
    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for Crossed! I love how the artwork matches up nicely too. It'll be interesting to see the third book cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,

    I'm just popping by to let you know that I have nominated you for The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Congrats! Go to this link to see the details.

    http://amyjonesyaff.blogspot.com/2011/06/irresistibily-sweet-blog-award.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! The covers are amazing.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I had Matched pretty high on my TBR but after hearing mixed things about it, it has been dropped down on priority unfortunately. I do love the first cover though, simple yet gorgeous.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I didn't love Matched, but I might give the second a try. Please check out what I'm waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh! Good pick!! i want to know what happened to Ky!!! but i think im Team Xander!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't read this series, but I do like the covers. The first one is cool and the second one leaves me with several ideas about her breaking free of the bubble!

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really excited to read this series, great pick!

    Here's my WoW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to pick up these books and have a read. The art work looks amazing!

    :-)

    http://www.booksthatspark.com - My waiting on wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the covers of these books! :) I haven't really heard much about them but I'll have to add them to my "to-read" list :)

    <3 Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't a huge fan of Matched, but the second in the series does sound awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by! New follower.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these covers, too. They're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed out on this read from the Goodreads YA Group. I haven't read it yet, but I fully plan to...eventually. Super excited about Paranormalcy!

    ~Trish my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got Matched from the library :) Can't wait to start it! and both covers are gorgeous– that goes without saying! Nice WoW and happy reading! I'm a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I splurged on Matched a few months ago and really enjoyed it and now I can't wait for the next book, Crossed, to be out so I can get my hands on that possibly breaking my book buying ban! lol. So, great WoW. And you're right, the coverart is really great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad everyone is excited as I am about Crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're right--I LOVE these covers!!!--I'm so glad you liked Matched!--It's been on my wish list forever--Great pick!!! :D


    (\__/)nymfaux

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read this series too, just haven't started it yet. Love those covers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVED Matched! Such a terrific book and I can't wait for Crossed. I totally agree with you about the covers! They're beautiful! I love how simple but stunning they are and I love how they match. Great pick this week! ;)

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete