Saturday, September 3, 2011

Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric S. Nylund Review


So I thought I would give this series a go!  Here is the goodreads description:

As the bloody Human-Covenant War rages on Halo, the fate of humankind may rest with one warrior, the lone SPARTAN survivor of another legendary battle . . . the desperate, take-no-prisoners struggle that led humanity to Halo--the fall of the planet Reach. Now, brought to life for
 the first time, here is the full story of that glorious, doomed conflict.


Yea I know terribly short description!  As some of you may know I love love love this video game. So a friend of mine owed the books based of the game and I decided to try it out.  I'll admit that I really enjoyed learning about the main character of the games, Master Chief.  It was an exciting story about his origins.  This book was mainly sci-fi so we get to see the human race try to deal with aliens or "the Covenant" take over human planets.  This is the first time I have read a novel about war, and I will admit that I didn't enjoy the war sections of the book.  I just thought that part was kinda boring. So and so loads his weapon, so and so keeps the ship in space, so and so fixes his uniform.  Just not interested in that kind of a story.

I do hate the art work on this book.  I mean how simple can you get? Cheap looking art work to me, and why?  Because it is a book based off a video game?  Anyways... you can always find me on Xbox Live my gamertag is Estel0212.  If you want to join up and game with me! Oh and here is my character on Halo....





2 comments:

  1. Nice Spartan! Mine looks fairly normal compared to yours, I think it's the helmet. I agree about the book, I enjoyed the parts that dealt directly with John and his team but the war parts were kind of okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am a new follower via Follow Friday!

    I hope you'll check out my blog!
    You can find me at the Howling Turtle:

    http://howlingturtle-pdx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete