Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Dog: The Paradox by The Oatmeal Review

I just love love the Oatmeal.  I visit the webpage all the time.  For those that don't know the Oatmeal is a funny little comic website that just has great posts.  Most people can relate to at least a few of the posts on the website. If you don't know about them and want to expereince the greatness of the humor for yourself you must read the Oatmeal's post on the Mantis Shrimp. Not only is the comic very but you will LEARN cool things!   Ok back to dogs!   Here is the goodreads description:

Matthew Inman dishes another helping of hilarity from his online comic The Oatmeal in My Dog: The Paradox. After years of carefully observing his own dog, Rambo, Inman follows his #1 New York Times best-selling How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You, with this ode to the furry, four-footed, tail-wagging bundle of love and unbridled energy frequently dubbed man’s best friend. This eponymous comic became an instant hit when it went live on The Oatmeal.com and was liked on Facebook by 700,000 fans. Now fans will have a keepsake book of this comic to give and to keep.

 In My Dog: The Paradox, Inman discusses the canine penchant for rolling in horse droppings, chasing large animals four times their size, and acting recklessly enthusiastic through the entirety of their impulsive, lovable lives. Hilarious and heartfelt, My Dog: The Paradox eloquently illustrates the complicated relationship between man and dog. We will never know why dogs fear hair dryers, or being baited into staring contests with cats, but as Inman explains, perhaps we love dogs so much “because their lives aren’t lengthy, logical, or deliberate, but an explosive paradox composed of fur, teeth, and enthusiasm."


This book is perfect for dog lovers... well and anyone who loves pets. The book is this comic but it is in color in the book.  So lucky you!  You can read it online and enjoy it with me. After reading the Oatmeal's book "How to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you"  I wasn't sure if this one would live up to the humor in that book.  But it does it just fine.


I had a dog growing up, Buddy.  I sure did love that dog.  I haven't had a dog now though since I moved away from home.  I am just afraid they are going to be so much work.  I am used to my two cats who just sit around and only need attention every now and then.  I do miss Buddy.  I will never forget the day that dog died.  That is one of the topics I loved in this comic.  I mean we just love these pets to death, who will never know ours names, we think they are going to live forever but their lives are just so short.  Way too fast.  My two cats have diabetes and I do my best to keep them alive and well.  I even have a blog for them!  I am trying to keep those guys around forever.


One thing that is neat about the Oatmeal is if people really like a comic it will become a tee-shirt, a greeting card.. or even a poster as in the case of this comic:


Anyways... check this book out.  Buy this book for the dog lovers in your life.  They may even shed a tear when reading it (and you might too).

The Crystal Ball says:



Sun is shinning!!!  Great day to go outside and read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment