Saturday, July 20, 2013

Darth Vader and Son/Vader's Little Princess by Jeffrey Brown Review


 I love cute little comics. I love Star Wars. I am a Geek. So when I heard about these books I was really excited to read them.  Darth Vader and Son and  Vader's Little Princess are wonderful comics. I had heard about them in passing.. and then I went to the Denver Comic Con and Jeffrey Brown was there at a booth.  I didn't actually stop by the booth since I hadn't read them yet and now wish I had.  These comics are about Darth Vader trying to raise Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.

What makes these books great is seeing the Vader family doing everyday normal things.  I have loved Star Wars since I was a little kid... so whenever I see a fun spin on it I get super excited!! The artwork in the book is done in colored pencils... which is a really unique look and I love it. Darth Vader and Son follows Luke when he is a little boy and how Vader tries to work with him around.


I do think though if you are not a Star Wars fan you may not get the humor in these books. I guess you could call them Star Wars inside jokes. The Vader's Little Princess book not only covers Leia when she was a little girl but also when she is a teenager.  Which is so fun to read and look at the art! I have seen a few people complain that Brown makes Leia a stereotype teenage girl but that is what makes it fun. The sense of humor Brown has is just clever!

Looks like in August Brown is releasing a book (not a comic) called Star Wars Jedi Academy.  It will be interesting to see the reviews on this book.  I didn't know about Jeffrey Brown prior to these comics and it turns out he has plenty of books to his name.  These books are fun.. for Star Wars fans.. comic book fans, and geeks. A perfect gift!

The crystal ball says:



Sun is shinning!!!  Great day to go outside and read this book.

10 comments:

  1. Just looking/reading the 4 photos you featured has sold me on buying these. The force is too strong in these books to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! I want more people to read these. Especially if you like Star Wars at all. Then you will just love them.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, these look AWESOME! I've never heard of them, but just by the pics you posted, they're hilarious and cute at the same time. I'm not a big Star Wars buff, but I'd definitely look into these :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are clever. I think anyone who has general knowledge of Star Wars and Darth Vader would think they are funny.

      Delete
  3. Omgosh these look so adorable! I would love having a copy of them for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from the library and will probably buy them!

      Delete
  4. I saw these in Target recently, and now I regret not taking a closer look! They look so cute, and as a big Star Wars fan, I think I'd really enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can read them in a few minutes. You probably could just stand there and read both books in about 10 minutes. Next time you go in there stop and read them, you'll be glad you did!

      Delete
  5. I have never seen Star Wars. *Ducks fruit being thrown* I have no idea why. I do understand some of the humor though, even with with my limited knowledge. Definitely cute, though!

    ReplyDelete