Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday- Finders Keepers Stephen King

I am so excited for the next Stephen King book! Finder's Keepers is the second book in the Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges) trilogy.
A masterful, intensely suspenseful novel about a reader whose obsession with a reclusive writer goes far too far—a book about the power of storytelling, starring the same trio of unlikely and winning heroes King introduced in Mr. Mercedes. “Wake up, genius.” So begins King’s instantly riveting story about a vengeful reader. The genius is John Rothstein, an iconic author who created a famous character, Jimmy Gold, but who hasn’t published a book for decades. Morris Bellamy is livid, not just because Rothstein has stopped providing books, but because the nonconformist Jimmy Gold has sold out for a career in advertising. Morris kills Rothstein and empties his safe of cash, yes, but the real treasure is a trove of notebooks containing at least one more Gold novel. Morris hides the money and the notebooks, and then he is locked away for another crime. Decades later, a boy named Pete Saubers finds the treasure, and now it is Pete and his family that Bill Hodges, Holly Gibney, and Jerome Robinson must rescue from the ever-more deranged and vengeful Morris when he’s released from prison after thirty-five years. Not since Misery has King played with the notion of a reader whose obsession with a writer gets dangerous. Finders Keepers is spectacular, heart-pounding suspense, but it is also King writing about how literature shapes a life—for good, for bad, forever

13 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure King has figured out how to exist without sleep. The man puts out a seemingly endless quantity of books and none of them seem to be formulaic. It's seriously impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica @ a GREAT readFebruary 25, 2015 at 12:42 PM

    This man amazes me with all he writes! But what he writes terrifies me and my active imagination!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't enjoy Mr. Mercedes, but a) I can't resist any new King so I'll definitely be picking this up, and b) it sounds like such a cool plot. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up on him years ago. Every time I put my toe back into his waters, and try to give it a go, I end up remembering why I walked away back then. There is just something about his style that doesn't grab me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first one, but I like how the covers are similar. haha I do need to try more King.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to finish Mr. Mercedes! This sequel sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know... he just writes books and reads books... and writes books. The man is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I can see that. Some books of his blow me away like 11/22/63 but then Under the Dome was a little boring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first one either. Though I hear good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know... I still can't believe Mr. Mercedes became a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was originally going to be a stand alone I think so I don't think it ends on a cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't read Mr. Mercedes so I can't say if I liked it or not. But anytime a King book comes out is a good time.

    ReplyDelete