Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/22/63 by Stephen King-Review


I haven't posted a review in a while because I was reading this book and it's long.  So I have been reading it this whole time.  Funny thing is I didn't plan on reading this book yet but a friend finished it and still had two weeks at the library and asked if I wanted to read it. I finished it one day before it was due back.  I am a big fan of King and run a group on goodreads for his fans.. if you are interested stop by  Stephen King Fans Here is the goodreads description:

November 22nd, 1963 was a rapid-fire sequence of indelible moments: Shots ring out; a president slumped over; a race to the Dallas hospital; an announcement, blood still fresh on the First Lady's dress. But what if President John F. Kennedy didn't have to die; if somehow his assassin could have been thwarted? For Maine schoolteacher Jake Epping, those hypothetical what if's become real possibilities when he walks through a portal to the past. Without special skills and still unfamiliar with his new/old surroundings, he struggles to discover a way to change the history he left. Like its Under the Dome predecessor, Stephen King's 960-page novel shows that this master of suspense is back at the top of his game.

And this is why I love Stephen King! This is one of the BEST Books I have read in a long long time.  For those who are King fans :  Look at the amount of pages in this book. Look at the amount of pages in Under The Dome. Check the date this book is published. Check the date Under The Dome was published. The love affair in this book is good, the mystery of what will happen is good! I wish I was a better reviewer to explain to everyone just how good this book is.  He tells such a good story.  I thought this book was going to be all politics and history and I wasn't sure if this would be a book for me.  But really that part is explained quite well even if you didn't live through the time period of the book like me.    Anyways... I am not the best at saying exactly why I love books but I recommend this to everyone!




3 comments:

  1. It is thoughtful, wonderful, and not what people might remember from his early days. I am a constant reader of his. The way this book is written, i never once stopped because it was not believable. Stephen King has a way of making characters and their thoughts and dialog seem like it might be you or your neighbor. The narrative flows along, and you really feel what they are going through. I will not go over plot points n stuff, but i will say this. I felt gobsmacked, confused, horrified, fell in love, felt for them, and when i read the word shivers, i was already there, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular book! Easily in my Top 5 - great characters and the ending was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Under the Dome as part of a readalong this month & I have a feeling that once it's finished I'll be reading more of his works- this book and The Stand are already on my TBR list. He is such an amazing story-teller.
    Ciara @ Books are my Bling

    ReplyDelete