Saturday, January 7, 2012

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures Review

 

I love love the Avatar cartoon (not the movie..yuck).  So when I saw that NetGalley  had the graphic novel I had to get it. Here is the goodreads description:
 
One of America's hottest shows returns! For three years, millions of eager fans tuned in each week to watch Nickelodeon's hit animated series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Ever since, fans have been hungry for more - and now their wait is finally over! This volume collects the long-out-of-print, fan-favorite comics previously published in Nickelodeon Magazine and with the Airbender DVDs, plus over 70 brand-new comics pages. That's over 26 stories set in Airbender continuity, by a host of top-notch talent, many of whom worked on the original animated series itself.
This is the first time I have read a graphic novel for my Nook. I liked it.. but I'll admit, it was hard to read. The lettering was very tiny. I think it is because it was a NetGalley so it came through as a PDF so I couldn't zoom in or anything. But I loved the stories. If you are a fan of Avatar then you will love this graphic novel!! Aang is into all kinds of new adventures not seen on the show. I took a few pictures...

Here is an example of the small writing.. I zoomed in on the screen:


 The stories were great... but since the writing was tiny I gave the graphic novel 4 cats!  Can't wait for the new season of Avatar! For those of you who haven't seen the trailer here it is, the new season is called The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra




1 comment:

  1. I had problem with the lettering as well. But i bought it as a gift for a friend printed, and it was perfect! Got really jealous! Need to buy it too :)
    The stories were so amazing and fun! I really enjoyed them ^^

    ReplyDelete