Friday, October 19, 2012

Locke and Key Volume 5 Clockworks by Joe Hill Review



This is the latest Locke and Key out until volume 6.. which has no release date so I am patiently waiting to see how this series will end!  Here is the goodreads description:

Colonel Adam Crais's minutemen are literally trapped between a rock and a hard place; in the first days of the Revolutionary War, they find themselves hiding beneath 120 feet of New England stone, with a full regiment of redcoats waiting for them in the daylight... and a door into hell in the cavern below. The black door is open, and it's up to a 16-year-old smith named Ben Locke to find a way to close it. The biggest mysteries of the Locke & Key series are resolved as Clockworks opens, not with a bang, but with the thunderous crash of English cannons.

So for those of you following my blog this is the last Locke and Key review you have to see for a while. Yes I know... I keep posting them. But the next one doesn't come out for a while so it's your lucky day!!

This volume is sooo revealing!  You actually start to feel bad for the villain on these graphic novels!  I don't want to add spoilers in here so I won't.  A few more keys are seen in this one.. but mainly you get to see all the keys used.  Especially in the past in this book.. which I always love a good flashback in books.  The more I read these novels the more Rodriguez's art sucks me in.  It is now becoming soo creepy.  Here is some of the variety of illustrations that you will find in this volume:
 This amazing drawing is looking inside someone's mind:

And here is a scary picture!!!

Looks like this volume came out in June of this year so I won't get my hands on the next one for a while.


Want to see my review on the other volumes?  Here they are!
Welcome to Lovecraft Volume 1
Head Games Volume 2
Crown of Shadows Volume 3
Keys to the Kingdom Volume 4
Alpha and Omega Volume 6


Crystal Balls says:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment