Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bout of Books 11 Goals and Updates


Bout of Books
I am going to participate again in this read-a-thon! It is my 3rd time.  I really need to get caught up on some books and when I saw others participating in it I knew it was perfect for me.  It starts on the 19th!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
Don't forget to use the #boutofbooks hashtag when updating on Twitter and follow boutofbooks.
I will be updating my progress here on my webpage and on my my twitter page. 
I will be doing a master post as the read-a-thon gets closer with all the books I plan to read and with all the challenges I do!  Can't wait to get started!



Time Devoted to Reading:
Hoping to get a lot of reading done this week!  I would like to read at least 2 hours a day.  But we'll see.  Usually something always comes up.


My Goals:
I seriously have had so many books come into the library out of nowhere.  I really want to get these read, there are a few more books I hope to also get to but for now this will be my goal:






Updates
Monday
Number of books I've read today:1
Name of book:Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
 Total number of books I've read: 1
Number of hours read:2 hours
What else I did:  I had actually already read half way through Beauty Queens so I finished it and wrote a review for it.  I also did the challenges and played The Lego Movie video game.

Tuesday

Number of books I've read today: 0
 Total number of books I've read:1
Total pages: 300
Name of Book:MWF seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
Number of Hours I've read: 4 hours
What else I did:I really enjoy the book I am reading so I can't wait to finish tomorrow.  I also went to see Guardians of the Galaxy for the 2nd time and beat the Lego Movie game on Xbox One.  Lots of entertainment today.  I didn't do any of the challenges today.


Wednesday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read: 
Books: 
Number of Hours I've Read: 
 What else I did: 

Thursday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of Hours I've Read:
What else I did:

Friday

Number of books I've read today: 
Total number of books I've read: 
Books: 
Number of Hours I've Read: 
What else I did:  

Saturday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of Hours I Read: 
What else I did: 

Sunday

Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Books:
Number of hours I read:
What else I did:

Challenges/Giveaways

 
Monday 8/18
Book Scavenger Hunt -- The Book Monsters
Playlist -- LuLo FanGirl

Loved the Book Scavenger Hunt:
Book that Begins with B: I love birds.  So I have a lot of bird books.  I had to pick this neat Bird Feeder book.
Book that has been made into a TV show.  True Blood of course (too lazy to straighten picture)

 Book that is a series I love, The Dark Tower by Stephen King:
An Anthology of short stories... I loved this book as a kid and I still love it to this day:
My TBR pile.  I keep all the books I need to read next in a cupboard that is in my TV stand.  These are the library books and a couple of books I own.  It's also so I don't lose the library books somewhere in my house.

Tuesday 8/19
One True Pairing -- Infinite Ink
Book Spine Poetry -- My Little Pocketbooks

Wednesday 8/20
Create a Sentence -- Book Reviews from Christian Gal

Thursday 8/21
Like This, Try This -- Writing My Own Fairy Tale

Friday 8/22
Recreate a Book Cover -- Spines and Covers
Book Chain -- Christian Bookshelf Reviews

Saturday 8/23
Spell It Out -- Kimberly Faye Reads

Sunday 8/24
5 Books -- Falling Down the Book Hole


Twitter Chats
(chats last approximately one hour)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion

Monday: 1pm CST (TZC)
Wednesday: 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday: 10am CST (TZC)


34 comments:

  1. I wish this was the following week because next week is far too busy for me. Good luck to you! I will try to stop in and cheer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Thanks for sharing. And I am loving the Libba Bray book cover. I'm intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fun to compare our thoughts on Dreams of Gods and monsters :D Happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same time-goal, 2 hours seem reasonable, but life is bound to get in the way at some point for me (not necessarily a bad thing). Also: Beauty Queens is hilarious!


    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you doing this readathon too! Good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauty Queens! I love Libba Bray (just started reading her this year...last year?) but I haven't gotten to this one yet. Curious about your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy's Love of BooksAugust 13, 2014 at 9:29 AM

    I am hoping that the Bout of Books will work for me. I signed up and I only have a few things planned next week. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only read the Great and Terrible Beauty trilogy. Sounds like I'll need to adjust my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to do bout of books by number of hours rather then number of page numbers. I think I get more read that way. I can get distracted after about 2 hours. Beauty Queens has been good so far. I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks... I have so many books that came in from the library. I am going to be trying to read them all before they are due back in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have only read Going Bovine.. oh wait and The Diviners. I love love the Diviners. It's interesting to see her different writing styles in books. I love the Diviners sooo much~!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh great!! I hope you have a lot of fun. I have always had fun.. especially with the challenges. Those are always a good break from reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa @ Captivated ReaderAugust 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM

    Good luck with your reading goals this round of Bout of Books!! I'm reading too this round as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beauty queen's as a really funny cover ;). Hope you get the read all three of these. I'll try to check back! Happy reading and good luck, Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhh -- Dreams of Gods and Monsters! I have yet to read this book since I'm behind on review books and arcs. I can't wait to see your review on it!


    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck! I'm participating in this read-a-thon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you!! I am getting excited to get started. I have so much fun during this event.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! I am actually hoping to finish Beauty Queens this week so I might squeeze a different book in next week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a big book too.. so I really really want to get it read next week. It's going to be the first book I start.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks! I can't wait to see what you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck! This is my first one and I'm excited :) Everyone seems to just love this readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm kind of on a hiatus from read-a-thons, but I will be participating in Bout of Books because I always seem to get my best reading done during Bout of Books week. It starts on Monday and this week is super busy, but it should be a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your first one?? I am surprised with how long you have been blogging. I think you'll have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OK well you do A LOT of readathons so I totally get why you are taking a break. Glad you will do this one.. it really is your own pace so that makes it more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those books are interesting! I followed a link from Leila's site since she said you encouraged her to join Bout of Books 11. I'll be sure to stop in and see how your week is going.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yeah... thank you for stopping by!! I am glad that Leila is joining in.. are you??

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lisa @ Captivated ReaderAugust 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM

    Nice pictures for the scavenger hunt!! Love them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good job on Bout of Books so far! I was kind of interested in Beauty Queens but I am so glad I saw your review. I am curious about the book you are currently reading MWF seeking BFF, sounds interesting! Good Luck and keep up the reading!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you!! That was a fun challenge. I didn't do any of the others yesterday because I've done the Book Spine Poems a few times now and keep picking the same books.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Go see it as soon as you can!! It is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. MWF seeking BFF is sooo good I couldn't put it down yesterday. Finally last night I made myself put it down with about 50 pages to go. I had to you know.. play some video games :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so far behind on the blogs I read. I wanted to do this again but just didn't have the time. Hope you had fun and got a lot read.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You think you were far behind??? Yeah right. I didn't even really get to participate in this event. I am just behind on reading and blogging! AYE!!

    ReplyDelete