Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My Instagram was Hacked


Hello all.... well for those that follow me on Instagram I am sorry but today you probably saw some nudey pictures of some chick.  I took a picture of all the snow we got here in Colorado and it got a few likes.  Then I went on there a few minutes later and started to look through my feed and there was a pick of a chick in undies so I clicked on the account because I knew for sure I didn't follow an account like that.  Imagine my shock when it was MY account.  Ughhh.  So I contacted instagram, who sent me an automated email.  The email said I had to reply to the email with a picture of myself holding up a sign with this numerical code they sent me, my name, and my username handwritten.  It was like a straight mugshot.  I don't even know how the account got hacked to be honest.. but we all know hackers are everywhere.  I just hope I don't have to start the account over but if I do.. fine. They deleted half my photos on there anyways.   People are actually liking this account and a few of my guy friends have liked that girl's pictures!  Not even noticing this is an account they don't follow.

I do totally feel violated and I am sure people feel the same way when their facebook/blog gets hacked.  I'm still waiting to hear back from Instagram.  I'll probably give them till Thursday this week and then go and set up a new one.  Thanks for all my fellow book bloggers who have reached out to me to let me know they noticed I was hacked.  I am sure it was surprising to see lingerie and some strange chick and not my amazing book pictures.

UPDATE:  Fixed!!!  You should just be seeing my amazing book pictures now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment