Friday, March 18, 2016

Tomb Raider- Rise of the Tomb Raider Video Game Review


I used to not really enjoy the Tomb Raider games, I thought the puzzles were way too hard and the handling just wasn't right.  Then 2013's Tomb Raider came out and it blew me away! I loved it so much.  I was so thrilled when this one was announced.  Though right now until December 2016 I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is an Xbox One exclusive.  Luckily I have both Xbox One and PS4 so I was fine with it though I know there was a lot of mumbling about this from people who only have Playstation. 

The visuals in this game are stunning.  I really loved it. Personally I don't think you need to play 2013's Tomb Raider in order to play this one.  It works as a standalone perfectly. In this game, Lara Croft is following her father's research where he discovered there might be a prophet, a divine source, and an evil group called Trinity.  As you play there are of course collectables around.. they are certainly addictive.  I sometimes would spend a lot of time trying to find them. You can swing from a rope arrow, use your grappling hook to get from wall to wall. 


Tomb Raider now offers these card packs which will modify the game but you can only use them in certain game modes.  I only played the regular story mode so it didn't give me any advantage.  There are several tombs you get to explore and figure out puzzles.  I loved this part.  Occasionally there was lag and Croft would get stuck in a wall or something, and one time I was trying to jump in a well and died and the spawn point was so far away from where I died.  Annoying.  I was really addicted to getting all the Achievements in the game.  There were some I never did get but it was fun trying.  

I recommend this game ... it was a ton of fun and worth checking out.   10 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment